About Me

An online journal of pictures and words, documenting our travels and the endless search for all things treats xo

Sunday, May 26, 2013

AIR NIGHTCLUB - TOKYO
















Like all good techno clubs, finding the venue is half the fun. After ducking and weaving through the dimly lit back streets of Shibuya, we finally arrived at our chosen destination for the evening. A rather swish-looking yet casual eatery. And underneath it... the formidable techno bunker knows as AIR.

Renowned as Japan's premier venue alongside Womb, the opportunity to step behind the console and join the list of dance legendary's that have graced the AIR decks was a super exciting yet nerve racking prospect. Fortunately I had one of my best mates Danny T on the bill alongside me sharing this rare opportunity. Our wonderful host (amazing Dj, and all round legend) Jaxx Da Fishworks (known to his mum as Nao) told us that the people go out in Japan to listen purely to the DJ and he was not wrong.

For the whole hour of my set, I was able to handpick every record I really loved (you know, the ones you always wish you could get away with playing to a floor but never do).   I played them to the  enthusiastic crowd in front of me as they danced away squarely focused on the music, heads down and feet moving. To have these records play through a literal wall of speakers that could've supported a main stage festival was a truly amazing experience; one I will never forget.

After doing my liver plenty of damage and wearing down my feet on the dance floor to Danny & Jaxx's sets, it was time to call it a night. We headed upstairs out into the sunlit street and took ourselves home.  We later found out that Sven Vath came down and played an impromptu set from 7am through to 2pm! Guess we will have to catch him next time.

Thank you AIR for giving my soul what it needed.


No comments:

Post a Comment